3 March 2011

Piran's bear





Those of you who have read my blog (in it's Wordpress form) for a while may remember two wedding dress bears I made for Kelly. Her beautiful dress had been made by a friend, and she wanted it made into one bear for herself and one for her friend as a thank you gift. She wanted me to include as many of the details of the dress as I could, including the handmade fabric flowers and the "something blue".





Well, Kelly came back to me recently and ordered another bear, this time to be made from her son Piran's baby clothes. Here he is:


He is such a lovely soft bear, Piran really had some gorgeous clothes. As usual I kept as many of the little details from the clothes as I could:




Kelly is now awaiting the arrival of baby number two. Somehow I think I may be getting another email from her in a year or so...!

It makes me very proud that people like Kelly trust me with their most precious fabrics. To know that the bears I create will be cherished by their families (possibly for generations) is a very special thing.

 



1 comment:

  1. How lovely. I tell people looking for fabric in the Charity shop about your bears.

    ReplyDelete